With the aggressive spread of the latest Omicron variant of COVID-19, City Manager Mark Watson is reinforcing safety measures at City of Oak Ridge facilities in an effort to keep City staff and the Oak Ridge community healthy.
All City of Oak Ridge residents are urged to wear masks, practice social distancing, and continue to get vaccinated.
A review of all City departments and services has been conducted. The following is a summary of various services.
Departmental services are continuing. City officials strongly urge citizens to conduct their business electronically, over the phone, and by mail whenever possible. If you need to reach a department, call the number listed below for each department or click here for a list of all departments. Please call the City Manager’s office or department offices on the City’s website for further information.
• The City of Oak Ridge Municipal Building is open to the public with COVID-19 precautions.
o Visitors are strongly encouraged to wear masks that cover both the mouth and nose while in the building and at any official meeting of City Council or City Boards. City employees will be wearing masks when in groups of four or more.
• City Hall has been redesigned to better serve citizens while protecting City staff with secured, badge-only areas that require a staff member to escort the public. At the Court Public Safety entrance, visitors can call a department and/or check-in for their scheduled appointments to be escorted to the secured areas of the building.
o Public access to the Municipal Building is as follows:
- The north entrance is near the courtroom (labeled Court Public Safety).
- The Utility Business Office and Planning & Development lobby
- If you need an accessible entrance to the Municipal Building (the main public entrance requires the ability to walk up several steps), there is an accessible entrance on the far end of the south side of the building near the City Clerk’s Office. This entrance is a secured entrance, so please call (865) 425-5377 upon arrival for assistance.
• All citizen visits and tours to fire stations and headquarters have been suspended.
• Administration may be reached via phone at (865) 425-3520.
• The records window is open to the public for people who need copies of reports. To file police reports, citizens should call the police department for guidance at (865) 425-3504.
• Crime tips can still be reported online.
• Oak Ridge City Court is holding in-person hearings with COVID-19 precautions.
- Masks or face coverings and six feet of social distancing are required for all individuals appearing in City Court with the judge.
- The City Court Clerk’s office is open for payment from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., via mail, or via the dropbox outside the City Court entrance labeled “Court Public Safety.” There is a black box on the wall on the right side of the steps to City Court and a sign that states“After-hours payments for City Court.”
• Citizens can send money orders or personal checks to:
City of Oak Ridge – City Courts
P.O. Box 1
Oak Ridge, TN 37831
- If a court payment is past due, only a money order or a cashier’s check is accepted. If you have any questions about what is owed or whether you need to appear in court, please call (865) 425-3536.
• The Oak Ridge Library is open Monday through Sunday. Main Library hours are:
o Monday through Thursday from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
o Friday and Saturday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
o Sunday from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.
• Children’s Room hours are:
o Monday through Saturday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
o Sunday from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.
• Masks are strongly recommended in the City library. Masks are available at the front desk and in the Children’s Room for anyone who needs one. All library users are asked to practice social distancing and to sanitize their hands upon entering.
• For storytime and programming information, please follow us on Facebook or check our website for information.
• Curbside service is no longer available. If you need assistance, please call (865) 425-3455 and let our staff know how we can help.
• Returned library items will no longer be quarantined. Library users should see returned items removed from their accounts on the same day they are returned.
• Auditorium rentals are not yet available.
• Please keep an eye on our website and Facebook page for updates.
• The lobby to the Utilities Business Office (UBO) is open to the public with COVID-19 precautions. Masks are strongly recommended inside the lobby.
• Customers are still encouraged to make payments through the online Customer Self Service portal at https://payment.oakridgetn.gov, or by phone 24/7 by calling (833) 268-4341 (6-digit account number required). Customers can also use the overnight drop box located in the parking lot at 200 S. Tulane Avenue or payments can be mailed to P.O. Box 1 Oak Ridge, TN 37831.
Public Works: (865) 425-1875
Electric Department: (865) 425-1803
• Public Works and Electric Department services are available.
• The Central Services Complex is open to the public by appointment only. Visitors will be buzzed in and escorted to the office they need.
• Masks are strongly encouraged inside the Central Services Complex.
PLANNING & DEVELOPMENT (formerly Community Development)
Planning & General Information: (865) 425-3531
Permitting & Inspections: (865) 425-3532 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Planning & Development services are being provided in person, and electronically when staff is not available at the permit desk.
• All in-person visitors are strongly encouraged to wear a mask or face-covering in the lobby and in Community Development offices.
• The City of Oak Ridge continues to hire for several openings. All open positions can be found by clicking “EMPLOYMENT” at the top right of OakRidgeTN.gov.
• All job interviews are being conducted virtually until further notice.
• Personnel can be contacted via phone at (865) 425-3564 and via email at email@example.com.
• The Senior Center is open Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Tuesday and Thursday from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m., and Saturday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
• The following safety protocols are in place:
o Participants and staff are strongly encouraged to wear masks and follow social distancing standards while in the building.
o Each participant must fill out new information and release forms when returning to the building after an extended absence.
• Pre-scheduling of activities is still recommended although no longer required.
o The Recreation and Exercise rooms are open for drop-in use but can also still be reserved by calling or stopping by the Senior Center front desk. Equipment in either room can be used as needed but must be wiped down before and after each use.
o Educational and other regularly scheduled activities are beginning to return to normal. For a list of those activities and the current calendar of events please check out our website at oakridgeseniorcenter.com.
• Participants are asked to bring bottled water, as water fountains are not open at this time.
• The ETHRA Senior Nutrition Program Home Delivered Meals (“Meals On Wheels”) continues to operate. The MyRide program is discontinued. Residents may schedule rides for trips within the city with Oak Ridge Transit by calling (865) 482-2785 Monday through Saturday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Residents can schedule rides outside of the city by calling ETHRA transit services at (800) 232-1565.
RECREATION & PARKS
• City playgrounds are open with COVID-19 precautions in place.
• Parks, greenways, tennis courts, basketball courts, and ballfields remain open. Social distancing and other COVID precautions are strongly recommended.
• The indoor pool is open. The outdoor pool is closed for the season.
o To view the pool schedule for various rental groups and open lap times, visit orrecparks.oakridgetn.gov/.
o Private pool parties are available at this time.
o COVID-19 protocols are in place and capacity limits will be enforced.
• The Recreation Center is open from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Friday and 12 p.m. to 7 p.m. on Saturdays.
• The Scarboro Center is open on the following schedule:
o Monday/Saturday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
o Tuesday / Thursday from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
o Friday 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
• Masks are strongly encouraged at all indoor facilities (staff and the public). Staff may inquire about COVID-19 symptoms/exposure (per current building postings). Areas are sanitized by staff after each use. Call (865) 425-3450 for specific room limits.
• The restrooms at Melton Lake Park and Blankenship Field are open and cleaned by Parks Division staff.
• Adventures Outdoors is closed for the season. It is scheduled to reopen in April.
• Animal Control continues to respond to animal emergencies.
• Oak Ridge Animal Shelter is open to the public by appointment only to protect the safety and health of animals, employees, volunteers, and visitors.
• Animal Control may be reached during normal business hours: Tuesday through Saturday from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. If you have a problem after hours, you can call the Oak Ridge Police Department’s non-emergency number (865) 425-4399.
CENTENNIAL GOLF COURSE
• Bottled water is available for sale on and off the course.
• The outdoor restrooms and bottle fillers have been winterized for the season and will reopen when warmer weather returns.
• Clubhouse restrooms are open, cleaned, and sanitized daily.
• Ball washers remain off the course, but flags on the putting green have been replaced.
• Golf carts can be shared, however, if a player has concerns about COVID-19, they may take their own cart for a small fee. Carts are being sanitized after each round.
• Golf cups have been placed back to normal play. The driving range and range machine are open.
• The Golf Course is open daily from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
• Masks are strongly encouraged inside the Clubhouse.